10 Tips For Boys to ROCK Their Senior Portrait Session
First of all- Congratulations! Your final year of high school will fly by in a heartbeat.
One of your first decisions as a SENIOR is to schedule your Senior Portraits. Guys generally don’t get quite as excited about this right of passage, so we’ll give you 10 tips to make it as painless as possible.
- Bring anything that will help add character and personality to your senior portraits- sports uniform, letter jacket, musical instrument, pet, car, or even your girlfriend! Ask about our custom collages.
- Bring several shirts that reflect your style. We would suggest that one of the shirts be a nice button down to make Grandma happy:)
- Get a haircut at least a week in advance to prevent the “glow” around your hairline.
- If you spend your summer in a baseball cap, you may want to leave it off for a week so your forehead isn’t pasty. HOWEVER, the only thing worse than a farmer’s tan on your forehead is a red, peeling, blistered nose- so use sunscreen!
- Check your clothes for wrinkles- they really show up in photos and are a distraction.
- Shave the day of your photo session if your want the clean shaven look.
- Don’t worry about blemishes. They are an easy fix in Photoshop.
- Choose your clothes well in advance of your session. If you wait until the day of your session, you won’t be happy with the results and it will reflect in your session (and they’ll probably be dirty and wrinkled).
- Get some sleep the night before your portrait session.
- Check out Senior Portrait Galleries to get an idea of what you feel reflects YOU.
Now for the hardest part! Pick up the phone and schedule your session. At Inspirations in Photography, we have packages for every need. We have Senior Portrait Collections for all of your needs. We also recommend that you have a quick pre-session consultation with us to choose the perfect location.
We can’t wait to hear from you! 719-649-3541